SETTLERS LANDING ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW TRIBUNAL
A Preliminary Hearing will be conducted on:
June 22, 2015
City of Kawartha Lakes
26 Francis Street
The purpose of the Preliminary Hearing will be:
* to hear and determine requests from groups and individuals for Party, Participant or Presenter status;
* to identify the issues to be considered at the main Hearing; and
* to deal with any preliminary matters that may be raised by Parties, Participants and Presenters.
How to Participate:
Any person who wishes to take part in this Hearing as a Party, Participant or Presenter should
submit their request in writing (preferably by email) to the Case Coordinator no later than 4:00
p.m. June 17, 2015. A Status Request Form is available at http://www.ert.gov.on.ca. All requests
* whether the person is seeking Party, Participant or Presenter status
* a statement of the issues, facts and submissions relevant to the appeal that they wish to present.
* whether their participation is likely to make a relevant contribution to the Tribunal’s determination of whether engaging in the renewable energy project in accordance with the approval will cause serious harm to human health or serious and irreversible harm to plant life, animal life or the natural environment.
* whether the person’s interests may be directly and substantially affected by the Hearing or its result; and
* whether the person has a genuine interest, whether public or private in subject matter of the proceeding.
Requests must also include contact information including telephone, email and fax contact
information (if available) to ensure a timely response to your request and ongoing
exchange of important hearing information.
If a written request is not received by the required deadline, the Tribunal may refuse the
The hearing of evidence in this appeal will commence on:
Pontypool Community Centre
254 John Street
Pontypool ON LOA 1KO
and will continue, if necessary, on dates to be confirmed at the Preliminary Hearing.
TAKE NOTICE that the Preliminary Hearing and Hearing dates are peremptory to all Parties, Participants and Presenters. If you do not attend at the Preliminary Hearing and identify yourself to the Tribunal, the Environmental Review Tribunal may proceed in your absence and you will not receive any further notice in these proceedings. The Tribunal may make orders with respect to the conduct of the proceeding which will be binding on all present and future Parties, Participants and Presenters.
Case Coordinator/Planner, Environmental Review Tribunal
Tel: (41 6) 314-4712
Please note: Under Rules 130 and 131 of its Rules of Practice and Practice Directions, the Environmental Review Tribunal has directed the Approval Holder to give this Notice of Preliminary Hearing and Hearing.
If you submitted comments through the EBR process, and have not received Notice of this Hearing from Capstone, please notify the ERT, and copy your MPP and Councillor in writing.
* Eva Pietrzyk, Case Coordinator/Planner, Environmental Review Tribunal, email@example.com
* MPP Laurie Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Councillor Heather Stauble, email@example.com